Saturday, March 24, 2012

Happy Feet Theme Night

You don't need to fly, it's okay to waddle
The penguins are ready to party FULL THROTTLE
So jump on an iceberg and set sail this way
For an arctic adventure on Happy Feet Day!!!

I LOVE PENGUINS! This was our first time seeing Happy Feet II, it was adorable!
This theme night was almost completely done by yours truly. While my husband was wood working, Lala napped, and I created!

Our pet pink penguin was the star of the evening, her name is Pengi Minaj.


I made La a rock necklace. Materials: rock (preferably in a closely related shape to what you are trying to create), acrylic paint, paint brush, bail, hot glue gun, and string for the chain.



While walking through Beverlys, we found these little penguin erasers. They are fun decor and toys for now.


Trader Joes carries delightful penguin gummies! They have soft bellies and taste like juice. We snacked on goldfish before dinner was ready.


Penguin toast! Whole grain toast, cream cheese, 1/2 olive eyes, carrot beak, and seaweed wings.


Hard boiled Penguins! I used toothpicks to fasten everything together. Since the movie follows Emperor Penguins, I had one show off her yellow chest.



What do penguins love most? FISH! We had fish shaped tuna fish sandwiches.


Bow tie pasta was the main dish.


Milano penguins!! I melted chocolate and dipped the sides and top of the milanos. The beak and feet were white chocolate melted and dyed yellow. For the egg you could use a Jordan Almond or melt white chocolate and roll almonds in it like I did (much more messy-just how it should be). I cheated and used store bought candy eyes...sorry I am not Martha Stewart people!!



Hot chocolate was a perfect touch.


I turned her rain boots into penguin feet.


She was comfy in her penguin pjs.


We bundled up in layers to set the Arctic scene. Lala wore her penguin mittens!


To make igloos, I made two cupcakes and once they cooled I made them round on top. I covered them in cream cheese frosting and the marshmallows stuck right to it.


The igloos were a wonderful accessory to our arctic display. Blue jello ocean with swedish fish and gummie penguins set inside. Whipped cream icebergs and snow.


Lastly, I painted my nails to match the theme. My thumbs were formal but ready to party at the same time, as tuxedos. The rest of my nails were penguin faces and my accent nail was a little penguin foot.



When La is older I plan to add some things:
-blue snow cones
-Penguin cake pops
-cardboard boxes for us to play in and pretend they are igloos
-karaoke
-ribbon around our ankles to waddle and dance like penguins

1 comment:

  1. OMG CAITLIN!!!! I AM WRITING IN CAPS BECAUSE THIS IS SOOO COOL!
    THIS IS THE FIRST ONE I SAW AND I JUST AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IMPRESSED! I CAN'T WAIT TO LOOK AT THE REST, I CANT BELIEVE I HAVE BEEN MISSING OUT ON YOUR BLOG. LANDYN, WHEN YOU ARE ABLE TO READ THIS YOU WILL KNOW HOW AMAZING YOUR MOM AND POP ARE!

    ReplyDelete